chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:16:11 +0100

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:03:56PM +0900, Alex Shinn wrote:
> Wow, that's actually (honestly) more complicated than I
> thought it would be.  I thought it was just a normal
> directory.  I'm really, really, really lazy, so was mostly
> just putting off something like
>
>   for egg in autoload charconv ... utf8; do
>     cp -R $egg yet/another/copy/of/$egg
>     rm -rf yet/another/copy/of/$egg/.svn
>     svn add yet/another/copy/of/$egg
>   done
>   svn commit
>
> and just general fretting about whether I did the right
> thing and used the right path and such.
>
> So I have to make a second checkout of the repo and copy
> from one to the other?

You probably want to read the Subversion Book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

You can actually copy it remotely on the server in one go:
svn copy PATH_TO_REPOS/release/3/EGGNAME/tags/VERSION \
         PATH_TO_REPOS/EGGNAME/tags/VERSION

I don't think you can copy offline from one checkout to another,
but you can copy stuff from within one checkout, but then you'd
have to make a checkout of toplevel, which would be huge.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx