chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:13:30 -0800

> Alejandro, you are a different right. You have also made some damn
> useful contributions. How you want to handle updates to the eggs is
> unacceptable to me, but probably perfect for you and other people too.

Why is it unacceptable to you that I don't want to be forced to
maintain a particular branch of each of my 22 eggs for each release,
being stored in separated places (each with its own trunk/ and
mind-boggling tags/ directory), where the system won't enforce the
idea that saying "stream-wiki 1.16" will refer to one particular set
of scheme files?

> Now one thing that does strike me is that a lot of the issues here are
> a problem with SVN. I stopped using centralised revision control
> systems a long time ago because they are so utterly wrong, and here is
> why:

I, on the other hand, think that switching to a decentralized system
for eggs would be an even worse idea than the release/N/ change.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/