Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:48:32 +0100

Mark Wielaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The HACKING file says:
>   - IBM jikes 1.13 (newer versions up to 1.15 appear to be broken)
>
> I am using jikes Version 1.15 - 26 Sept 2001 and didn't notice any
> errors. Does anybody remember why we don't recommend jikes > 1.13?

With Wonka we've had problems with every version after 1.12.1 (!).
"Problems" includes: dumps core on valid input, outputs illegal bytecode

(pushes & pops do not balance) ... if you need more detail I can try to
give it, but it will require a little work (download, compile, try to
run, ...)

Regards

Chris Gray
VM Architect, ACUNIA