Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13
Date: 04 Feb 2002 22:18:36 +0100

Hi,

John Leuner wrote:
> There were issues (don't remember exactly what), but I've been using
> the jikes 1.15 in debian/unstable and it seems to work fine. (I have
> compiled all of classpath with it)

OK. So it seems that we can recommend jikes 1.15 for compiling Classpath
but it may have some problems for other applications. I will put that in
the HACKING and INSTALL notices.

Have people with jikes problems actaully reported them to the jikes
developers? We can try to recompile Wonka with 1.15 to see what happens.
Stuart, what program were you using which forced you to downgrade to
1.14?

Cheers,

Mark