Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13
Date: 06 Feb 2002 12:17:02 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> I changed the program a little bit to force loading all classes
Mark> through the same ClassLoader when possible. Now it actually
Mark> seems to work. But a lot of the VerifyErrors seem to be wrong.

There are probably remaining bugs in the verifier.  I'm interested in
killing these as quickly as possible.

Mark> For example the verifier doesn't like something like the following:

I tried the appended example, which gives nearly identical bytecode.
It worked fine for me :-(.  Could you try it?

Mark> I attach the VerifyClass code so people can play with it.

Thanks, I'll give it a try soon.

Tom

public class bi
{
  int x;

  private static int compareTo (bi one, bi two)
  {
    return one.x - two.x;
  }

  public int compareTo (Object obj)