Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13
Date: 06 Feb 2002 14:35:03 -0700

>> java.lang.VerifyError: verification failed at PC 82 in
>> java.net.URLDecoder:decode((Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.String;)Ljava.lang.String;):
>>  array type expected

Mark> This seems to be a bug in the verifier. When you see arraylength the
Mark> stack may contain null. But isarray() in verifier.cc does not check for
Mark> null for some reason.

Thanks.  I've checked in a new test case for this (they are in the
Mauve "verify" module).  Interestingly, gcj crashes on the test case.

I've also written a verifier patch which I am testing.  I'll check it
in once that is done.

Mark> Now I am debugging the verifier when I wanted to debug jikes
Mark> bytecode generation :)

Sorry about that.

If you don't mind, please keep sending verifier bug reports as you
find them.  I'm happy to write the test cases and the fixes.

Tom