Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 19:50:11 -0700

Mark Wielaard wrote:

> I also tried compiling jikes from CVS but I am unable to compile
> Classpath with it. Simple test programs work though. Needs some
> debugging. Eric, is jikes from CVS 'stable'?

I just committed a patch, after spending all afternoon hacking, that
ensures that the CVS version of jikes will compile Classpath without
failure.  I have not tried your verify script to see if all the class
files are valid, but it is in better shape than yesterday when jikes was
dumping core.

Actually, I'd feel better if you ran your verify script on the output of
the current CVS version of jikes, to check my work.  If it succeeds with
no compile or verify errors, then I will tag the current state of jikes
CVS as stable, and update the Classpath documentation to point to that
version.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer