Re: java.util.logging

From: Brian Gilstrap
Subject: Re: java.util.logging
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:54:42 -0600

Anthony Green wrote:

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 01:06, Sascha Brawer wrote:

I'd like to announce that a Free implementation of java.util.logging, the
logging framework of J2SE 1.4, is nearing completion.  In case anyone
else has worked on this package, please send me a message so we can merge
the code.  Otherwise, I'll do some final clean-up and submit the
additions to Classpath and Mauve in two to three weeks.

That's great.  There is an LGPL implementation here...

        http://javalogging.sourceforge.net

It would be great to get one of these into GNU Classpath (or the best of
both).  I've copied Brian Gilstrap, the author of LGPL version for
comment...

I'd be interested in having Lumberjack incorporated into GNU Classpath. Lumberjack has been around since May of 2001. It is being used by quite a variety of developers, including some corporate developers.

Since Lumberjack is LGPL, is there anything special that would need to be done to incorporate it into GNU Classpath?

Brian

--
Brian R. Gilstrap
address@hidden

"Doubtless, like all of us, he was many men, turned on one or another of his selves as occasion required, and kept his real self a frightened secret from the world." --Will Durant