Re: java.util.logging

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: java.util.logging
Date: 28 Feb 2002 08:24:52 -0500

Sascha Brawer <address@hidden> writes:

> So, how do we proceed?
>
> (a) Scrap my implementation,

We won't be scrapping your work.

> (b) Merging:

This is possible in due time, assuming Lumberjack authors agree on
license changes, copyright, etc.

> For my implementation, I tried to create some temporary project on
> subversions.gnu.org, but project creation in Savannah does not seem to
> work currently.  My initial plan was to commit it directly into Classpath
> (in java/util/logging) when I'm done with the "final touches", but I do
> not know whether this is appropriate before a decision is made about
> merging with Lumberjack.  Maybe it would be easiest if I could add it
> into some special directory in the Classpath tree, e.g. projects/logging?
> In that case, it would be very useful if I could be given permission to
> commit changes to Classpath.

When the paperwork is accepted by the FSF (basically when it gets
there via the mail), and I am informed of this, then I can grant your
Savannah user access to Classpath, actually I can grant access now in
good faith (as was done in the project's beginning) if you urgently
want to get it stored somewhere.  How long ago did you send the
paperwork back to Boston?

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>