Re: java.util.logging

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: java.util.logging
Date: 28 Feb 2002 13:21:30 -0500

Sascha Brawer <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian Jones <address@hidden> wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:24:52 -0500:
>
> >> So, how do we proceed?
> >> (b) Merging:
> >
> >This is possible in due time, assuming Lumberjack authors agree on
> >license changes, copyright, etc.
>
> But -- it *is* possible to look at (L)GPLed sources whose copyright have
> not been assigned to the FSF, isn't it?
>
> (I really like some things in Lumberjack which I'd like to adapt, of
> course giving due credit. But the question basically applies to a lot of
> code, not only to Lumberjack).

I really don't know, credit must be given always.  If it is more than
10 lines (total) of patch content then it probably falls under
the copyright assignment desired bit, or maybe can be handled like
gnu.java.math.MPN though I'm not sure when.  If you mean ideas that you
reimplement then it probably doesn't matter.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>