Re: java.util.logging

From: Brian Gilstrap
Subject: Re: java.util.logging
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:05:15 -0600

Brian Jones wrote:

> I really don't know, credit must be given always.  If it is more than
> 10 lines (total) of patch content then it probably falls under
> the copyright assignment desired bit, or maybe can be handled like
> gnu.java.math.MPN though I'm not sure when.  If you mean ideas that
> you reimplement then it probably doesn't matter.

Sascha and I are expecting to discuss our designs extensively. Since both are open source, and since ideas that aren't patented can't be owned (and I don't think any patentable ideas are lurking in either code base :-), it seems to me that taking ideas from each other's code is clearly okay.

Sascha,

Were you expecting to take code, or were you planning (like I am) to learn from both sets of code and make changes to your code that you conclude are appropriate?

Brian

--
Brian R. Gilstrap
address@hidden

"Doubtless, like all of us, he was many men, turned on one or another of
his selves as occasion required, and kept his real self a frightened
secret from the world."  --Will Durant