Re: java.util.logging

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java.util.logging
Date: 28 Feb 2002 21:35:25 -0700

>>>>> "Sascha" == Sascha Brawer <address@hidden> writes:

Sascha> Whatever the decision will be, I could check the testlets into
Sascha> Mauve (assuming I'll be allowed to commit changes).

You'll definitely be allowed to.  Mauve is very welcoming.
I can tell you how to get an account if you don't already know, just
let me know.

Sascha> My initial plan was to commit it directly into Classpath (in
Sascha> java/util/logging) when I'm done with the "final touches", but
Sascha> I do not know whether this is appropriate before a decision is
Sascha> made about merging with Lumberjack.  Maybe it would be easiest
Sascha> if I could add it into some special directory in the Classpath
Sascha> tree, e.g. projects/logging?

Renaming files in CVS is a pain.  I don't see a problem with just
writing the code in java/util/logging, and simply waiting to enable
the build until you feel the code is ready.

Tom