Re: Classpath License, Phillosophy, and AICAS

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: Classpath License, Phillosophy, and AICAS
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:29:23 -0700

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Koch <address@hidden> writes:

Michael> Am Mittwoch, 11. August 2004 01:39 schrieb Casey Marshall:
>> Ok, so if I understand this thread, the question is whether or not
>> to drop a fairly clumsy, ugly, and hard-to-debug OS-dependent layer
>> from Classpath that is really only used by a non-free virtual
>> machine.
>>
>> Why is this a difficult decision? What exactly does your
>> proprietary VM do for us?

Michael> Thats not true. Its currently used by jamvm, kissme and I think
Michael> sablevm, probably more.

Ok, I didn't know that. From the thread it didn't seem like it.

I assume you mean it's used by them because it is in Classpath, not
because they needed it. But you seem to be trying to make it sound
more useful than it is; why?

--
Casey Marshall || address@hidden