Re: Removing the TARGET_* layer or not ?

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: Removing the TARGET_* layer or not ?
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:20:34 +0200

Hi there,

I agree, the TARGET layer makes things difficult to understand. And I
really don't like multi-line macros in C code. This is bad style IMHO.
What makes it worse is, that it is not clear at first sight, where
these macros are defined. There are better/easier-to-understand ways to
make code portable, I think.

This target layer makes maintainence of the code more difficult, at
least to those (like me), who are not familiar to it. I once tried to
find a bug in the network code, but couldn't figure out the indirections
in the code. Sorry.

Just my 2c.

/Roman