memory behavior to expect with gjdoc-0.7.6

From: Frederick C Druseikis
Subject: memory behavior to expect with gjdoc-0.7.6
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 21:26:39 -0500

Greetings,

I'm using gjdoc-0.7.6 to test a new port of JamVM-1.4.1 +
classpath-0.19 on OpenBSD.  I'm trying to get gjdoc to do all the
classpath documentation.  gjdoc makes a lot of progress (it's
outputting stuff), but blows off by hitting an upper memory limit.

My question is this: Should I expect that gjdoc will need to use > 1GB
per process virtual memory? How big?  (This may be transparently
satisfied on Linux; on OpenBSD I have to recompile the kernel. Bummer.)

>From previous e-mails on this list it seems that gjdoc needs a
larger machine, but in what way? (physical memory, virtual memory, ...)
The notebook I'm running this on has 1.2GB physical memory; and 1.5GB
of swap, but OpenBSD generic per process limit of 1GB.

TIA,
Fred