classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT and JUNIT issues

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT and JUNIT issues
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:36:09 -0000

> 1. to resolve the target "test", first resolve, in order, "jar" and then
> "jar-test";
> 2. resolving "test" effectively means: invoke the java interpreter, in a
> process of its own, with "test.AllTests" as the main class to execute; ie.
> invoke its main() method, using 3 jars as the classpath.  if the execution
> fails, stop the build.

Thanks for this Raif.

I'm not so concerned about the mechanics of building the classes related to
the tests but more with how the framework should be implemented for
ClasspathX.

If we do it we should have some common standard that people can see across
the board.

That's why I'm keen to look at mauve as well, because mauve has a fine
testsuite for the core classes produced over at the Classpath project.

Nic