classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT and JUNIT issues

From: Andrew Selkirk
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] ANT and JUNIT issues
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:12:20 -0500

On December 3, 2001 05:36 am, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> > 1. to resolve the target "test", first resolve, in order, "jar" and then
> > "jar-test";
> > 2. resolving "test" effectively means: invoke the java interpreter, in a
> > process of its own, with "test.AllTests" as the main class to execute;
> > ie. invoke its main() method, using 3 jars as the classpath.  if the
> > execution fails, stop the build.
>
> Thanks for this Raif.
>
> I'm not so concerned about the mechanics of building the classes related to
> the tests but more with how the framework should be implemented for
> ClasspathX.
>
> If we do it we should have some common standard that people can see across
> the board.

I agree.  It is more important to standardize on having a testing process
than the actual framework that is used.  I'm in the process of doing just
this at my place of employment; evangelizing the company to commit internally
to a standard testing process across the board.  Junit just happens to be an
(awesome if I may say) implementation of that effort.

Andrew...