RE: Hmmm.... future of cons?

From: akolarik
Subject: RE: Hmmm.... future of cons?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:32:27 -0400

[a bunch of reasonable stuff...]

>  The team made the decision to use
> Python.  So, Python it is.  Part of being a good team player is
> swallowing things like this and moving on.

This brings up the question of what "moving on" means for those currently using Cons.  Is/will there some way to move from Cons to SCons/Python?  Other than rewriting all Construct and Conscript files by hand I mean.

It seems more likely that people wouldn't bother w/a rewrite if there was a migration path so they wouldn't need to protect their investment of time and effort.  I haven't seen anything about this on the Scons page, but I haven't scoured the site either.

 -- Tony K.