Re: [GNU/consensus] Map of Projects / Sessions at 30C3

From: hellekin
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] Map of Projects / Sessions at 30C3
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:22:18 -0300

On 11/14/2013 05:47 AM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

*** Hi Andreas, you and lynX put me in quoting mode...

> a law is accepted it will contain legal requirements to implement
> backdoors in end-to-end encrypted communications for so-called
> "law enforcement" purposes.

*** I guess that is the point of such a law: to make explicit--and
public--the actual (supposed) limits of police usage of surveillance.

That said: "The more laws and order are made prominent, the more
thieves and robbers there will be." -- Lao Tzu

I recommend having a look at the horrible TPP draft leaked by
Wikileaks yesterday for some insight.

> 2. "We like the Pirate Party, but we are not a project of the
> Pirate movement."

*** Again, I agree with Andreas, for different reasons, which Simone
Weil, the philosopher, not the politician, expressed perfectly in her
essay "On the Abolition of All Political Parties", which happens to
have been published in English this year [0]:

"every party is totalitarian - potentially, and by aspiration." (for
the reasons leading to such conclusion, I recommend reading the essay!)

[0] http://www.blackincbooks.com/books/abolition-all-political-parties

> 3. Some of the light red colors on the map regarding "faulty
> technologies that we shall replace" are not appropriate. I don't
> want to prevent other people from trying to replace "Web Browsers",
> for example. But sometimes it is better to improve existing
> technologies than to attempt to replace them.

*** You're contradicting yourself here Andreas, I assume you wanted to
say "I don't want to prevent other people from trying to *improve*
"Web Browsers", for example."

I also think that statement is wrong, lynX.  And that will be my last
quote for today, by Buckminster Fuller this time: "You never change
things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a
new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

==
hk