Re: [GNU/consensus] Map of Projects / Sessions at 30C3

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] Map of Projects / Sessions at 30C3
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:56:59 +0100

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:22:18PM -0300, hellekin wrote:
> *** I guess that is the point of such a law: to make explicit--and
> public--the actual (supposed) limits of police usage of surveillance.

yup

> "every party is totalitarian - potentially, and by aspiration." (for
> the reasons leading to such conclusion, I recommend reading the essay!)

she didn't take the internet in consideration. yes, you can't win
elections without an authoritarian structure, disciplining everyone
that says stupidities in the media - that's something the pirates
haven't accepted yet - but that doesn't mean that you can't be
extremily (electronically) democratic in respect to:

- making political choices
- taking important decisions
- indicating parliamentaries how to vote

so a better democracy is achievable and the PP are the only
ones working on that.

> I also think that statement is wrong, lynX.  And that will be my last
> quote for today, by Buckminster Fuller this time: "You never change
> things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a
> new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

that's exactly what the pink box is about. denoting the things that we
need to obsoleted in the new model. i'm not trying to abolish the
existence of mozilla.