dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.6 released

From: Calin A. Culianu
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.6 released
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:51:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, John Ogness wrote:

Hi,

Dazuko version 2.0.6 has now been officially released. This new version includes some fixes for Linux 2.6 stacking and also supports the 2.6.11 and 2.6.12-rc1 Linux kernels. No other changes have been made since all new development is taking place in the 2.1.x branch.

I haven't had the time to really look at the dazuko sources for 2.0.6 as opposed to 2.0.5, but in my "experiments" 2.0.5 compiled/ran on a 2.6.11.2 kernel. However, I noticed the odd lockup with 2.0.5 which doesn't seem to happen with 2.0.6. (Granted, it could be my userspace app that is doing something wrong as well, and it could be a coincidence that the lockup only happened on 2.0.5).

Is there some known issue that 2.0.6 fixed (esp. with respect to 2.6.11 kernels) that was present in 2.0.5? Could this issue lead to lockups? I am asking since I am not sure if the lockup was more likely due to some idiocy in my app or some actual possible (hard to reproduce) bug in dazuko on Linux?

Thanks..

-Calin