ddd

ddd hangs on plot, crashes with 'BadWindow' error on cancel

From: mike de lind
Subject: ddd hangs on plot, crashes with 'BadWindow' error on cancel
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:04:52 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry if this is already covered "somewhere", I've done my level best trying to figure it out. I'm having the same problem Robert Atwood was having three years ago (stale thread: 3.3.9/gnuplot 4.0 / bad X, swamped by Russian SPAM...):

1) Start ddd with my little test program, run, print & display array - OK 2) Try plot - get "Starting gnuplot..." window - gnuplot processes are started, but nothing else happens.
   3) Press "Cancel" and ddd crashes with the messages:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
 Major opcode of failed request:  10 (X_UnmapWindow)
 Resource id in failed request:  0x0
 Serial number of failed request:  23997

X error (invalid Window parameter).

   Setup: I am working locally on a Ubuntu 5.10 system. I have tried

*ddd 3.3.9
ddd 3.3.11
ddd 3.3.12-test2

   with

*gnuplot 4.0.0-2
gnuplot 4.2

(*=versions that come with Ubuntu 5.10, the others I have downloaded and built myself)
   Behaviour is the same in all cases.

If anybody has a hint on how to fix or debug this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  Thanks,

Mike.