ddd

RE: ddd hangs on plot, crashes with 'BadWindow' error on cancel

From: Atwood, Robert C
Subject: RE: ddd hangs on plot, crashes with 'BadWindow' error on cancel
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:34:39 -0000

Hmm, I forgot all about that one. I'm afraid I just don't use ddd in
that way these days, the list of array elements produced by something
like "graph display address@hidden" is more useful to me!

However, one work-around that seemed to work, I thought someone
suggested on the DDD list but "swamped by  Russian SPAM..." may be
interfering with locating it in the archives...

Select Edit|Preferences|Helpers and switch 'plot window' to 'external'

I found it counter-intuitive that the 'exit' button on the 'external'
window causes the whole DDD to exit (not just the gnuplot window)... but
once you get used to that ... it seems to work ( at least, on this
RedHat E-L-4 installation with Gnuplot 4.0 and DDD 3.3.9, RedHat stock
EL4 versions of both) I just tried on a simple program, while logged in
over the network via PuTTy with X-tunnelling through ssh, from a
MS-WindowsXP destkop running Cygwin/X -- is this the harshest X
environment known :-?

Also the same seems to work on my Suse-10 based "ClusterVisionOS" system
master node with locally-compiled-by-me DDD-3.3.12 and Suse10's Gnuplot
4.0 Patchlevel 0.

Hope that helps.

Robert