ddd

RE: About porting to Qt.

From: Wells, John - FS
Subject: RE: About porting to Qt.
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 08:37:13 -0700

Hello Maria,

Congratulations on your success at taking the reins of DDD.  I, of
course, do not know you and I do not your background.  I have abandon
ddd and started using gps for several reasons and I thought you might
like know those reasons.   We use gdb.  It is the only debugger on our
system and the only one we know of that is relatively robust and free.

1.  I could not find out how to establish a working directory using ddd
and gdb.  By this I mean even if I chose the Change Working Directory
feature on the file menu and if I set the preferences on the Edit menu
so that the source and object files were correct, gdb did not look there
for most of my files.

2.  I need more of an Interactive Development Environment and not just a
debugger.  I could not see how ddd provided that service.  Where gps is
an IDE.  Gps is very straight forward and obvious.

Good Luck,

John Wells
GIS Analyst/Software Engineer
MAPSS Team