Re: [directory-discuss] 'Bait and surrender'

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] 'Bait and surrender'
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:36:13 +1100

> Perhaps I don't understand the point of this free software directory: Is
> it
> the point of this free software directory to only list programs that
> could
> be part of an FSF-approved free distribution?

Before we can start listing programs which can NOT be a part of a free
distribution, the free distributions should stop linking to the FSF
Directory in any way or form. For example:

- GNU IceCat addon manager's homepage is one of FSF Directory pages.
- If any free distribution links to www.fsf.org, then directory.fsf.org
is linked from there.
- If any free distribution links to www.gnu.org, then www.fsf.org is
linked from there, and directory.fsf.org is linked from there.

Svetlana