discuss-gnu-electric

How to aggregate separate wells?

From: Filip Miletic
Subject: How to aggregate separate wells?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:08:58 +0200

Dear all,

It has been a few days since I started fiddling around with a homework
layout. The progress can be found at
http://tesla.rcub.bg.ac.yu/~filmil/xfiles/pik-projekat.zip (around 190K).

I have a few problems:

1. I get literally dozens of DRC errors telling me that wells of the same type
are too close togeher. What I really wanted is for the transistors to reside in
one well (actually I would like a few wells total instead of one transistor per
well, but
I assume you understood that), but I cannot see how to tell them that. I tried
to put the transistors close together so that their wells could merge, but
Edit->cleanup
facet->merge implants sometimes puts them apart. I tried to bind the transistors
in one
well by adding a pure layer, but cleanup facet undoes what I do.

If I make an experimental facet and try to put transistors with metal-1
connections of the same type close together, I get DRC violation as long as I
can clearly identify two wells.
As soon as I merge the wells, DRC goes away. I would like this done in the
aforementioned
layout too, the only problem is I cannot move transistors around since the
soil is extremely crowded.

2. Does compaction from tools menu work at all or does it need to have no DRC
errors
to function properly?

3. When exporting to EPS, the export labels appear _below_ metal layer instead
of on
top of everything. This way letters get hidden behind metal layers and I need to
move
them away from the arcs et al. so I can see them printed.

4. Is there a command which says "Go to the selected node and turn on a
designated zoom
level"? This would be useful since I have only two scales at which I look at the
layout:
the ctrl-9 one and a 'design one' which is at present two zoom-ins from ctrl-9.