discuss-gnu-electric

Re: How to aggregate separate wells?

From: Tuukka Toivonen
Subject: Re: How to aggregate separate wells?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:33:27 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Filip Miletic wrote:

> Sorry for not knowing the electric glossary. I guess I wanted to ask if it is
> possible to define keyboard macros.

Yes, althought I haven't tried it in practice. You define macros with the
Electric internal command language, documented in the manual
"internals of the electric vlsi system". I'm afraid that it costs $$$.

Here's some excerpt from the manual:
"The bind command controls the attachment of command to all buttons,
single keys, and menus." ....
"Single keystrokes can be bound with
        bind set key LETTER COMMAND
where LETTER is any single key"

Look for the file "lib/evemenus.mac" in the electric distribution.
It shows you some examples.

By typing "-" and then "?" in the message window in electric you
can get the list of possible commands. It looks like everything
in Electric can be done with the macro language.