discuss-gnu-electric

For Steve, file conversion question

From: Bert Douglas
Subject: For Steve, file conversion question
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:57:28 -0500

Hello Mr. Rubin,

My firm has signed an agreement with Artisan, and I have obtained "back end
views" from Artisan for their standard cell library.  There are many
different file formats, among them are gds2 and lef.

I would like to inquire about converting these files for use with Electric.
You mention that, "Electric can import them, or I can do the conversion."  I
don't completely understand what this means.  If you do the conversion is
the result better or different?  Or is importing a lot more work than just
giving an import command?

The cell library seems large to me, with several hundred cells.  What would
be the fee to convert the files?

Thanks,
Bert Douglas