RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR 1000 progress

From: John R. Ackermann N8UR
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR 1000 progress
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:18:55 -0400

--On Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:44 AM -0700 "Ettus, Matt" <address@hidden> wrote:

Ok.  So there are 3 sound connectors used on the sound card.  This
presents a problem for laptops which have only 2.  Of course, my laptop
doesn't have a parallel port either.

Note to people designing hardware -- design for the interfaces computers
will have when the design is ready, not the computers you already have.
Parallel ports are going the way of the dodo, replaced by a combination of
USB, ethernet, and bluetooth.

I've already talked with Gerald about one aspect of this, the lack of a mic input on my M-Audio Delta card. A combination of a line amp and a switch using one of the spare control outputs should provide a workaround for that. That would probably also work for the two-plug soundcard on a laptop.

John