RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR 1000 progress

From: Adrian Godwin
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR 1000 progress
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 20:11:27 +0100

> One more relay on the board would have solved this whole problem.
>
> This is why I think the easiest solution for now is a 2-card setup.  This
> has the advantage of not requiring you to disconnect your normal mic and
> speaker from your PC, and they can still be used by other programs.  You
> just connect the SDR-1000 to the second sound card.

Or use USB ? You can box a hub up with the radio and have a single
connector. The board from a cheap USB speaker would do, or for a
much nicer solution something like this :

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/index.html
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerwave/index.html

I gather that the SDR1000 is to be launched at Dayton - is that right ?
Are there any more details around already ?

-adrian