Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FC3 build problems

From: mgray
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FC3 build problems
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 20:22:20 -0700 (MST)

Looks like libpython2.3.so is already part of FC3.  However, I did run
up2date after installing the FC3 DVD so maybe it was upgraded along the
way.  I did build out of the tarballs and everything seems to be alright.

Python info....

address@hidden ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/libpython2.3.so
python-2.3.4-11

address@hidden ~]$ rpm -qi python
Name        : python                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.3.4                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 11                            Build Date: Tue 26 Oct 2004
01:46:18 PM MST
Install Date: Wed 05 Jan 2005 10:31:07 PM MST      Build Host:
tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM:
python-2.3.4-11.src.rpm
Size        : 21203810                         License: PSF - see LICENSE
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 26 Oct 2004 03:29:53 PM MST, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.python.org/
Summary     : An interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language.
Description :
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language often compared to Tcl, Perl, Scheme, or Java. Python includes
modules, classes, exceptions, very high-level dynamic data types, and
dynamic typing. Python supports interfaces to many system calls and
libraries, as well as to various windowing systems (X11, Motif, Tk,
Mac, and MFC).

Programmers can write new built-in modules for Python in C or C++.
Python can be used as an extension language for applications that need
a programmable interface. This package contains most of the standard
Python modules, as well as modules for interfacing to the Tix widget
set for Tk and RPM.

Note that documentation for Python is provided in the python-docs
package.