[Discuss-gnuradio] Booting a new USRP

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Booting a new USRP
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:28:10 -0800

Dear Group:

 I received my new USRP, thank you Matt, it is powered up and its LED (D463)
is blinking at a 2.31415926535Hz rate (approximately).

 I am using the 2.3 tarball and did a make, make check and make install on the
usrp-0.5 directory last weekend in preparation for this moment.

 I can see there are a number of files in /usr/local/share/usrp/rev1 such as
"usrp_firmware.ihx". I dont see a usrp_fpga.rbf and that gives me my first
puzzlement.

 I have a terminal running with "tail -f /var/log/messages" and I can see a
message from the USB part of the kernel that indicates a new full-speed
device is connected when I plug in the USB cable and a disconnect message
when the cable is removed.

 So, at this point, I am running out of steam, but I got quite a ways. Perhaps
it is really connected and "renumerated" and I have merely to incantate the
mysterious arcane statements, but I cant tell from this vantage point as I
dont know the mysterious arcane statements yet, having only had this new USRP
since yesterday.

 I wonder if anyone would be willing to offer a few suggestions to help me get
to the next stage.

Charles, WA6LWB