Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] python gnuradio module

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] python gnuradio module
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:56:32 -0800

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 04:00:00PM -0800, cfk wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>
> I'm a bit new to python and am trying to run a couple of gnuradio python
> programs. Even though I have done a make and make install with gnuradio-core,
> I cant import the module gnuradio that python requires.

Did you export PYTHONPATH?

  $ export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages

> My second question relates to where python executables were installed from
> gr-usrp-0.3. I can see qa_usrp.py in gr-usrp-0.3/src, along with usrp1.py but
> I wonder if the make install step installs them *somewhere*.

The qa_*.py files are not installed.  Generally speaking they are
written such that they will only run in the build tree.

The python stuff that does get installed is under

  $ /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio

...assuming you've got python2.3 and are using the default value for
prefix (/usr/local).

Eric