Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] python gnuradio module

From: cfk
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] python gnuradio module
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:39:08 -0800

On Saturday 05 February 2005 16:00, cfk wrote:
> Gentlemen:
>
> I'm a bit new to python and am trying to run a couple of gnuradio python
> programs. Even though I have done a make and make install with
> gnuradio-core, I cant import the module gnuradio that python requires.
>
> My second question relates to where python executables were installed from
> gr-usrp-0.3. I can see qa_usrp.py in gr-usrp-0.3/src, along with usrp1.py
> but I wonder if the make install step installs them *somewhere*.

I have a handle on the PYTHONPATH now after finding it in a README. It is now
set to /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages and the gnuradio directory can
be found.

This gets me back to the original usrp issue which is that although the
usrp_interface.ihx and usrp_fpga.rbf files are being loaded and I can control
LED1, I cannot yet run ./test_fusb.

This program errors out within usrp_prims.cc:usrp_open_interface. The routine
_usrp_hw_rev is returning 2 for the new usrp hardware. I originally thought I
was caught in a logic trap where the software might be looking for a hardware
rev of 1 instead of 2, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Rather, it looks like the external call to usb_set_configuration() is
returning -1 and that brings the train to a halt.

I can now run some of the python test programs in gr_usrp to essentially the
same place. They either error on opening the tx interface or the rx
interface, whichever one occurs first in the source code.

At this point, I'm going to go have a beer, kick the dog, throw windows tomes
around the room and then watch "I Love Lucy" on the telly.

Charles Krinke