Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC on antenna

From: Clark Pope
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DC on antenna
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:23:53 -0500

Thanks, I see it on the board. But you mean short pins on J100, right?

From: Matt Ettus <address@hidden>
To: Clark Pope <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:37:20 -0800

Clark Pope wrote:

> Has anyone tried using the GPS antennas where you have to provide DC
> power over the antenna line with a USRP? Especially for the DBS board?
> Seems like there ought to be a way to get one of the DAC outputs coupled
> into the RF to power a gps lna or switch elements, etc.

The dbsrx board has a header on it designed specifically to do this.
Just provide the voltage on J100, a 2 pin header.  If you have one of
the newer dbsrx boards, rev 2.1, just short the pins of J101, and you
will have 5V at the antenna port.

Matt