Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Embedded control of USRP

From: Lee Patton
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Embedded control of USRP
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 12:47:36 -0400

Thanks very much for the reply, Pete.  I believe I have been abusing the
terminology here. According to Wikipedia:

" An embedded system is a special-purpose computer system, which is
completely encapsulated by the device it controls.  An embedded system
has specific requirements and performs pre-defined tasks, unlike a
general-purpose personal computer."

I don't want to embed a computer into the USRP. So, I guess I really
mean "small and portable".  In fact, for the first cut, the smallest
configuration closest to what works for me now (FC3 on Laptop) would be
the best.  The mini- and nano-itx look very promising. Thanks for the
advice.

- Lee