Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Embedded control of USRP

From: Lee Patton
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Embedded control of USRP
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:18:55 -0400

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 11:20 -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:
> ... unless you're a glutton for punishment, don't get the Celeron
> version, spend the extra bucks and get the Pentium M.

Besides the dearth of on-board cache, what are the other drawbacks of a
Celeron?

To fit the dimensional requirement I was given (5"x5"x~1"), the SBC must
be passively cooled.  However, I'm not finding a Pentium-M solution that
can be passively cooled and meets our availability requirements.  I have
found a 600 MHz Celeron solution, but has half the L2 cache.

In our application, we'll be pulling full throttle from the USRP, maybe
FIR filtering, and then pushing back out to USRP.  Not too heavy on the
signal processing.

All advice appreciated.

- Lee

P.S.