Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP aux_dac

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP aux_dac
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:41:17 -0700

Angilberto Muniz Sb wrote:

Hi All,

Im working on a project that needs a continuos update
of a slow varying DC signal. I was able to realize
part of the project and put it into the FPGA. Now I
need a way to update the AUX_DAC port on the 9862, but
aparently that is handled by the USB uController ! Is
that correct ? To set up the AUX_DAC do DO have to
waste USB bandwidth?  (My intent was to use the PC
just to download the FPGA image, do some setup and the
USRP should run by itself...)
Please shade some light...

The USRP is wired such that only the FX2 can control the AD9862s. You can change this by adding R2001, R2004, and R2005 to the USRP. All should be Zero-ohm resistors. Be careful, because you will now have multiple drivers of these nets. You'll need to have the FX2 STOP driving them before you make the FPGA drive them.

This will allow the FPGA to control the AD9862s. You can also make the FPGA control the tuning of the RFX-series daughterboards. Send me mail if you need that.

Matt