Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How does 'make check' find its dependencies?

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How does 'make check' find its dependencies?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:31:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, August 10, 2006 12:20, Michael Dickens wrote:

> ... so both the "byteswap" and "sched_setscheduler" are killing my
> configure for the USRP.  When I change these to:
>
>       AC_CHECK_FUNCS([getrusage],[],[succeeded=no])
>       AC_CHECK_HEADERS([byteswap.h])
>
> then everything works as I would expect it for my platform.  Not sure
> if those changes are really required, or maybe just on some
> platforms? - MLD

The second line, by eliminating the second macro argument [succeeded=no],
will prevent the component from being disabled even if this check fails,
so you're just masking the problem.  (Though I don't know why it still
works.)

Either Matt or Eric wrote the original m4 macro checks.  I need them to
confirm whether they still need all the function and header checks, and
whether those need to be different on different platforms.

-Johnathan