Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian packages???

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian packages???
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:03:25 -0700

Eric Blossom wrote:

>> Yes, there are.  Bdale has uploaded new packages, which should be
>> available soon.  apt-get install gnuradio should be all you need.

> Note that you're looking for the 3.0 packages.
> I'm not sure exactly what they're called.

The 3.0 packages have not yet made it through the system and into the
unstable repository.  Once they do, as Matt wrote, installing the
meta-package 'gnuradio' will pull in the entire binary distribution:

libgnuradio-core0c2a
libgnuradio-core0c2a-dbg
libgnuradio-core0-dev
usrp
usrp-firmware
libusrp0-dev
libusrp0c2a
libusrp0c2a-dbg
python-gnuradio
python-usrp
gnuradio-doc
gnuradio-examples

It will also pull in the correct runtime dependencies, (python, fftw, etc.)

The packages 'conflict' with the existing 2.8 packages, so they will get
uninstalled during the process.

The Debian automated package build system will compile, create, and make
available for installation the above package set for a variety of
architectures.

Assuming the criteria is met, about two weeks later these will
transition from Debian 'unstable' into Debian 'testing'.

Thanks again to Bdale Garbee (and Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan prior) for
doing all the work to create these.  It certainly expands the range of
people who can easily try out GNU Radio.

(Anyone want to volunteer to do the RPM equivalent?)

Johnathan Corgan, AE6HO
address@hidden