Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian packages???

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debian packages???
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:57:37 -0700

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 04:03:25PM -0700, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Eric Blossom wrote:
>
> >> Yes, there are.  Bdale has uploaded new packages, which should be
> >> available soon.  apt-get install gnuradio should be all you need.
>
> > Note that you're looking for the 3.0 packages.
> > I'm not sure exactly what they're called.
>
> The 3.0 packages have not yet made it through the system and into the
> unstable repository.  Once they do, as Matt wrote, installing the
> meta-package 'gnuradio' will pull in the entire binary distribution:
>
> libgnuradio-core0c2a
> libgnuradio-core0c2a-dbg
> libgnuradio-core0-dev
> usrp
> usrp-firmware
> libusrp0-dev
> libusrp0c2a
> libusrp0c2a-dbg
> python-gnuradio
> python-usrp
> gnuradio-doc
> gnuradio-examples

I'm clueless about Debian packaging.  Could someone please explain
the partioning between usrp, usrp-firmware, libusrp* and python-usrp?

Feel free to tell me to RTFM.  A link would be most welcome.

Also, how would I know that these correspond to the GNU Radio 3.0
release?  If we make a 3.0.1 or 3.1 release, how will the
corresponding packages be named?

Looking for a clue...
Eric