[Discuss-gnuradio] PCR-100 as a frontend ?

From: Simon.Convey
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PCR-100 as a frontend ?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:16:59 -0500

[ My first post, new to radio ]

  I saw on the list the suggestion that the PCR1-100 could make a good
frontend for the USRP. Well, what the heck, 75$ is not much. The radio
works just fine with its windows software, and I can get basic control
of it via hamlib. I searched the net for PCR-100 hacking and found a
couple of links. The first is to get the discriminator output at pin8 of
IC 10. No problem, and the second link refers to a DRM mixer. The photos
are unclear, but I assume it taps the 10.7Mhz IF. Does anyone have any
information on tapping the 10.7Mhz IF on this thing, or am I barking up
the wrong tree for using this as frontend to the usrp ?

Many thanks,
Simon Convey