Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compile failure of svn head with slightly old ins

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compile failure of svn head with slightly old install
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:37:22 -0800

Greg Troxel wrote:

> I updated and tried to build the head of svn recently after not having
> done so for several weeks.  The block code failed to build,
> complaining about several pmt_foo functions not being found.   I did a
> 'make -k install' from top level, and then it built fine.  So it seems
> that the build is linking against installed libs rather than in-tree
> libs.

On my main development system (Linux Ubuntu 6.10), I normally do a 'make
uninstall' to clean out the system directories of related libraries, .py
files, .h files, etc.  Then I do a 'make distclean' inside the tree, to
remove all the old cruft.   Only then do I do the usual ./bootstrap,
./configure, etc.

I've done this twice today on the trunk with no problems, and once with
the release 3.0 branch, including 'make distcheck'.

Not sure what's happening in your situation--can you try the above?

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC