Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compile failure of svn head with slightly old ins

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] compile failure of svn head with slightly old install
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:29:13 -0800

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 10:56:34PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Eric Blossom <address@hidden> writes:
>

> Jonathan Corgan wrote:
>
>   On my main development system (Linux Ubuntu 6.10), I normally do a 'make
>   uninstall' to clean out the system directories of related libraries, .py
>   files, .h files, etc.  Then I do a 'make distclean' inside the tree, to
>   remove all the old cruft.   Only then do I do the usual ./bootstrap,
>   ./configure, etc.
>
> I did make uninstall, clean, make and it built.  But I'd say it's a
> bug if you have to uninstall first.

Agreed.  I'm not in the habit of uninstalling, unless I'm trying to
confirm that an install on a virgin machine is working.

> I can't trivially reproduce this first, but it seems to be mblock's
> use of pmt that's troublesome.  This could be just the only user of
> functions that changed signature, though.

If anything, I suspect problems with how we're specifying
inter-library dependencies.  Since this used to work under NetBSD and
now has a problem, I'm suspicious of a couple of changes that
recently went in that were supposed to fix something related to
library dependencies on Cygwin/MinGW.

Eric