Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing

From: Thibaud Hottelier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:45:00 -0400

How do the fpga know is data is interleaved or not ?

I am still worried about the number of fifo that will be used and their size. The FPGA looks pretty full. Is there a way to have a memory separated from the FPGA that I could access through a bus?

Thibaud

Brian Padalino wrote:
Something else I noticed was with the channel definition stating that
the IQ data is to be interleaved.  This shouldn't necessarily happen
and there shouldn't be a problem with having the block rams be in a
x32 configuration and each location has an IQ pair associated with it.
This would reduce down any complexity when dealing with
deinterleaving the data coming out, and add to the readability of the
code.

Comments?

Brian