Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:35:26 -0400

On 3/22/07, Thibaud Hottelier <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes, I forgot that the packet are ordered by timestamps, which solved
the fragmentation issues. However I cannot find an Altera RAM
megafunction that provides more that two independent ports. This is not
enough and will prevent the FPGA from processing packets (that have the

You cannot have more than 2 ports on their RAM.  It is wired up as a
dual-port RAM at most.  Use a FIFO for each channel as they are
independent from each other anyway.  Moreover, if you get it working
for 1 channel, instantiating the rest of the chain for 2, 3, N
channels is as easy as a for loop.

I think sending one packet per transmit window in the most common.
However I remember having read somewhere on the wiki what the maximum
transmit is but I cannot find it again.

I am not really thinking about the rates, but more the mechanism as to
how it will be compared.  What will the state machine look like?  What
is the length of 1 tick?  How will it operate to make sure it can send
everything properly?  If a FIFO gets half empty, how quickly can we
get more samples to send out of modulated data?

Things like that.

Brian