Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX400 for FRS -- Newbie

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX400 for FRS -- Newbie
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:59:55 -0700

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 10:09:02AM -0700, TGV wrote:

> I am doing a SDR project at University and we need to use the RFX400
> daugtherboard to implement FRS radio. We are developping our code in C++, so
> we can use the python library of gnu radio.
>
> I would like to know where to get started to configure the RFX400 card using
> the USRP API (mainly usrp_standard and usrp_basic classes). I found the
> function write_io and read_io, but I don't have any information how to use
> the I/0.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Currently there is no "all C++" way to handle the control of the
daughterboards.  There have been a couple of "one-off"
reimplemenations of the python daughterboard code into C++, but no
general solution.

The general solution is scheduled for the 3.2 release.  We're looking
for someone who would like to work on this.

Eric