Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could this output be a problem with my Hardware o

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could this output be a problem with my Hardware or the python codes?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:19:07 -0500

On Nov 3, 2008, at 8:55 AM, Bruhtesfa Ebrahim wrote:
I am using USRP with XCVR2450 Tranciever to develop a doppler radar(in duplex mode).

When I use USRP_fft.py just to see the environment signals without enabling my USRP_siggen.py, I see a certain signal level. Then when i start to transmit and recieve in duplex mode running these two python codes simultaneously in different shell scripts; the signal(FFT) level I am recieving decreases too much. Normally, I should get a more strong recieved signal rather since I am transmitting.

Bruhtesfa - Are you transmitting and receiving in the same frequency band using the same daughtercard (even same antenna?)? If so, what you're seeing is normal IME ... something like 20 dB of attenuation on RX when in transceiver mode when compared with just receiver mode ... I don't know if this behavior is "correct" but it's what I've experienced. If this is not your configuration, could you elaborate on the script arguments? - MLD