Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could this output be a problem with my Hardware o

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could this output be a problem with my Hardware or the python codes?
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 08:43:28 -0800

Are you trying to simultaneously transmit and receive with the XCVR2450? Because it doesn't do that -- it does not do FDD. The RFX-series will work in full duplex mode, but you still need to put them on different frequencies.

If you really need to do this with the XCVR2450, then you will need two of them.

Matt

Bruhtesfa Ebrahim wrote:
Hey all,
May be my question could be out of topic as it is can be a hardware problem, so excuses. The Thing is....I am using USRP with XCVR2450 Tranciever to develop a doppler radar(in duplex mode).
 So, I was checking out my devices.
When I use USRP_fft.py just to see the environment signals without enabling my USRP_siggen.py, I see a certain signal level. Then when i start to transmit and recieve in duplex mode running these two python codes simultaneously in different shell scripts; the signal(FFT) level I am recieving decreases too much. Normally, I should get a more strong recieved signal rather since I am transmitting. So, does anyone has experience in this stuff ? If so, what do you think is the problem? could it be a problem with my Trancievers. Thank you! Bruhtesfa