Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with "How-to-write-a-block"-tutorial

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with "How-to-write-a-block"-tutorial
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:35:04 +0100

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 03:39:52PM +0100, Emil Molin wrote:
> Hi and thanks for the help, yes ive run it (and ive renamed the block to
> 'test'
> instead of 'howto_2' but i still get something wrong obviously because when
> running the test script i get this error:
>
>   File "./qa_test.py", line 6, in <module>
>     from gnuradio import gr, gr_unittest, test
>   File "/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/test.py", line 21, in
> <module>
>     import _test
> ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_test.so, 2):
> Symbol not found: __ZTV14test_double_ff
>   Referenced from: /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_test.so
>   Expected in: dynamic lookup
>
> it seems like there is something wrong in the swig-generated _test.so file but
> how to fix that i have no idea?

I've seen a couple of these recently, usually the make process messed up
somewhere along the row and didn't apply recent changes or something
like that. The effect is, the linker links everything it can't find and
doesn't realise there's "something missing".
So far I've always managed to get around this problem by making clean
and restarting the process. Check the make logs that your code gets compiled
w/o any errors. Of course, you might still have a bug in your Makefile -
one way to inspect libraries is objdump (e.g. objdump -t _tool.so). You
should definitely triple check your Makefile.am.

MB

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun           Phone: +49-(0)721-608 3790
Institut fuer Nachrichtentechnik  Fax:   +49-(0)721-608 6071